DIY – Fairy Floss Flavoured Play-dough
We Love making play-dough! but what is even better then Play-Dough you ask
SENTED PLAY-DOUGHSaid Everybody!
To do this we used Fairy Floss Favouring (or if you are elsewhere in the world they call it cotton candy flavouring)
It looks fantastic when done and looks just like Fairy Floss, especially when you swirl colours together
And it smells sooo good, too, good enough to eat! But please don’t eat it – ewww – and make sure if you decide to do this recipe your kiddos are old enough to understand that this is a toy, not food. The amount of times we have had to stop kids that should know better, so it is best to explain this while you are making it.
It may be confusing to them if they are too little (because I’ll tell you now, it’s nothing like store-bought play-dough, and can easily be confusing to the young lads because of the smell & texture
However with all that said this craft is great for teaching kids about smells and cooking while creating a play-dough that will be unlike anything they have experienced before.
If you do this craft please let us know in the comments below how it went we would love to hear your thoughts and comments.
FAIRY FLOSS PLAY-DOUGH
- 1 cup Self Raising flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 TSP. cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 3 drops of Food Colouring (Neon Colours Preferred Pink or Blue)
- 1/2 tsp. Fairy Floss Flavouring
- In a saucepan, whisk together the flour, salt, & cream of tartar.
- Blend water & food colouring in separate bowl.
- Add coloured water mixture to dry mixture and whisk until smooth and blended.
- Add scented flavouring.
- Place saucepan over low heat and stir continuously until it forms a ball – about 7 minutes (it will be impossible to stir).
- Remove dough from saucepan onto a mat and knead it several times while warm.
- Play immediately with dough or store in a sealed container for later play.
Let us know how you went in the comments and happy creating.